Southpaw the Luddite Cyborg


This one requires a bit of explanation. I needed an army of minions for SuperSystem (third edition? I think this was before I had fourth edition). What did I have a lot of? Well, I had a lot of guys in brown and maroon medieval outfits. So, to make a character that could reasonably take those fellows as minions, I made this guy.

Southpaw was a former cyborg super-agent for... someone (maybe a government or a corporation). He became disillusioned and was swayed by a group of luddite terrorists. He joined them, but they figured they could use a superstrong cyborg in their quest to destroy technology, so they told him to keep his massive power-claw arm, cyber-eyes, and grenades. I mean, that's just a matter of practicality.

In effect, he could be super-level powerful and let me use my medieval soldiers in a modern setting, bridging the gap reasonably enough for a game or two of SuperSystem.

In terms of the miniature, the body and left arm are Perry Agincourt. The head is from a Games Workshop Sentinel pilot, the grenades are from either a Cadian or Catachan guardsman sprue, and the big right arm is from a Space Marine commander sprue.

If this doesn't show my love of kitbashing, I don't know what will.

Next time, something not brown and maroon.

Comments