The Skeleton Horde 4: Red Shieldbearers

I made two more skeletons to finish off a command rank of five figures. We now have the red-crested champion, a musician, a standard bearer (kind of), and these two red shieldbearers for the front rank. I'm going to make more champions with plumes/crests of other colors, then pair them up with shieldbearers of the appropriate color so that it's easier to identify regiments. (Red Regiment, Green Regiment, etc.)

With this duo complete, it brings the painting total for January 2024 up to 50 models. This makes it my most productive month ever (though, consequently, a not very productive month in other areas). Skeletons almost feel like cheating here, but there were a lot of other miniatures this month as well. Since my goal for the year is 130 miniatures, this puts me at almost 40% of my goal. Strong start!

Warhammer: The Old World just released, so I went through one of the free Legacy Army Lists, Vampire Counts, and totaled up a use for my painted skeleton horde. They're about 719 points (depending on what the Giant Skeleton proxies for). Neat! With my upcoming plans for more skeletal reinforcements, I'll probably be able to get that up to at least 1000 points, if not 1250.

Comments