Mordheim: Clan Eshin Rat Ogre and Slinger

A long time ago, I wanted to build a Skaven warband for Mordheim. In fact, I've had a warband assembled and primed after an Ebay find maybe a decade ago. Now is as good a time as any to paint some of them up. The little fellow to the right is a test paint to see how quickly I can do a single model for the warband; he doesn't look great (and he's Agrax Shiny™), but he's good enough, and I can always pick out a few more details later.

The large fellow, on the other hand, I took some time on. This is a Reaper Miniatures "Giant Wererat" on a 50mm base. It's a great stand in for a Rat Ogre—210 points of a 500 point warband! It certainly makes painting up a legal force go more quickly, even if it is painful un-optimized. He has a very limited number of washes applied; the fur on his back and the non-metallic metals are the only things I washed. You can see some black got on his finger in the picture, but I've since fixed that with the appropriate flesh tone.

As I said, the rest of the warband is assembled and primed, so hopefully it will go quickly. And if I want to add someone else or swap something out, I still have four bodies/legs on sprue, with enough swords/spears/shields/heads to make whatever I want. I'd like to thank past-Me for this great Ebay purchase many, many years ago.

Comments