The Last Blue Alien

Following on from the previous post, I dug out the remaining Blue and set to work fixing it up. This was another figure from the Reaper "Gray Alien Warrior" pack. It originally wielded a keyblade-looking sword, but I chopped off that arm to replace it with something I liked better. My original kitbash attempt was an assault rifle, but the arm and gun were too long and too thick; it looked ridiculous.

Today, I replaced that arm with a shortened female arm from the Project Z Biker sprue. It's thin enough to work on the little alien. This also gives the Blue an Uzi, which looks nice. There's no reason every sci-fi character needs to carry lasers.

As is frequently the case, I picked the color scheme on a whim. Red with yellow accents is a bold fashion choice for this dashing Blue adventurer. Black boots complete the ensemble. Thankfully, I had done the head and crackle paint basing when I did the rest of the Blues, so both parts match the others.

As a side note, I originally got my Blues out for the previous post after hearing a bit about the upcoming Stargrave skirmish game from Osprey. It looks to be like a science fiction version of author Joseph McCullough's popular Frostgrave fantasy skirmish game. Frostgrave crews are usually ten figures; if Stargrave is similar, these eight Blues will be a good start for a team. Even if they don't all fit what I need, if I need more (or more with weapons), the Reaper "Grays" are three bucks for a pack of three. Miniatures don't come cheaper than that.

Comments