6Gun Mercenaries (1/6) - First Batch

I have mercenaries for fantasy worlds, mercenaries for Battletech, and mercenary spaceships (and probably more mercenaries I'm forgetting), but there's a sizable hole in my collection when it comes to modern and/or scifi mercenaries. Toward the end of 2019, I decided to put some together and now they're mostly done.

Looking at my options, I decided to go with Anvil Industries despite the facts that're resin, expensive, and ship from the UK. They are also incredibly customizable, beautifully detailed, and perfect for what I was looking for. Besides, since I only get around to painting three or four miniatures in a month, the costs are spread out enough to satisfy my budget.

Like I said, these are beautiful sculpts. Also, the ability to pick different heads, bodies, legs, weapons, and other bits from their wide range of options is amazing.

With all that said, here's what I'm going for. This is my mercenary company, 6Gun, which I've used (primarily as antagonists) since the (Classic) Spycraft game I ran in college.

Their clothes are beige while their armor, backpacks, and jackets are expresso brown. They wear gas masks and gloves, which I thought could represent being cleaners or something (in the criminal sense). I just like the look. Each also tends to have an accent color. In this case, from left to right, these guys are Green Hat, Red Hair, and Brown Hat.

I wanted to have two different types of operators, normal troops and stealthy agents. This first test batch has some of both. Two of the troops are the armor/backpack overt type, wielding AK-74 assault rifles. The other troop is dynamically posed in a leather jacket with a silenced pistol. You'll see more of both types as we progress through each batch of these mercenaries in the coming posts.

Comments