Anachronist Punks

Sometimes I undertake projects that don't make much sense, even at the time. This could easily be considered one of those projects. I was reading through the enjoyable rulebook of Joseph McGuire's "Reality's Edge: Cyberpunk Skirmish Rules" and found out that you could take two Ganger models where you could normally only take one of another kind of operative. They're cheap, they're disposable, and I do like having more bodies on the field.

So I turned to what I had on hand. Cyberpunk is a weird genre and it allows weird combinations of styles. I decided these two fellows are the founding members of the Anachronists gang (so that I could use a mashup of different parts). Kitbash time!

Since I have a lot of Warlord Games Landsknecht bodies lying around, that was the base. Both guys have mercenary bodies. Broadsword guy also has both arms from a landsknecht sprue, while orange/purple guy has one of their sweet hats.

Next, their weapons are from the Warlord Games Project Z line. Broadsword guy had his other hand replaced with a pistol hand. Orange/purple guy has both of his arms replaced with bare modern ones, giving him a "stylish" look. He's wielding a combat knife and a Walther MP.

Finally, just to give the broadsword guy another little non-renaissance bit, he was given a hat from the Warlord Games Soviet Infantry (Winter) sprue. A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.

In terms of paint scheme, I went with whatever color combinations I felt like. Their outfits are close enough that I didn't feel their colors had to be related at all.

While they make no sense and I don't know if they'll ever see a gaming table, I really like how these guys turned out. They were a fun kitbash if nothing else.

Comments