Alien Horde 3: Harvester

This is my test piece from the Wargames Atlantic Harvesters box. This set is going to make up the main bulk of my aliens. The paint scheme is the same as the Rock Worms and the Tyranid spores; they're all in this together.

These figures have great detail, but they're really fiddly to build. Also, gluing them to a base is a nightmare, since they stand on tiny claw points. There's hardly anything for the glue to adhere to! I'm probably going to try snipping off the tips so there's more surface area going forward. Also, I think I put the back legs on his front and vice versa; this figure is going to be a bit taller than his peers.

After trying a few base sizes, it looks like these creatures need a 50mm base to have any posing options.

I'm happy with how this creature turned out and will definitely make more soon.

Comments