Supervillain: Gingerbread

Run, run, run, just as fast as you can!
You can't escape me, 'cause I'm Gingerbread, man!

I started the year with supers and I might as well end the year with supers. Here's Gingerbread, a crime boss. I came up with the concept when I saw the head on Anvil Industry's website. It's a great mask and looks perfect for a supervillain. She strikes me as a kind of Two-Face crime lord with a huge gang. In the most meta sense (in her non-existent comic book world), she probably started as a holiday-themed one-off comic and then her breakout popularity brought her back as a year-round member of someone's Rogues Gallery.

After the whole model was basecoated in black, the gingerbread-esque mottled brown suit started with a layer of FolkArt Matte Real Brown (231). I then dabbed on a layer of FolkArt Matte Coffee Bean (940), followed by a layer of Coffee Bean mixed with FolkArt Matte Coffee Latte (2559). I then did some highlights on the pleats, creases, mask, and lapels with very thin Coffee Latte. The hair, cuffs, and the red part of the wingtips are a basecoat of Vallejo Heavy Red (72.141) with a layer of FolkArt Imperial Red (4669). The white on the shirt, gloves, buttons, and wingtips are a base of Vallejo Heavy Bluegrey (72.144) with a layer of Vallejo Dead White (72.001). The gun has some Vallejo Heavy Charcoal (72.155) with some mixed layers of the charcoal with some greys. Here are all the bits that make up this model:

  • Head: Anvil Industry Female Wasteland Heads 
  • Body and left arm: Anvil Industry Secret Service Team
  • Right arm: Female Fatigue Pistol-Grip Rifle Arms - Mixed
  • Weapon: Anvil Industry Modern SMGs (I wanted a machine gun for this model, like a Thompson, but I didn't have any. This gun started life as a Tec-9, but since the actual Anvil Industry assault rifles and SMGs are huge, I put the little machine pistol onto the stock to make something that fit nicely.)

Comments