Mordheim: Youngblood "Poppet"

Another round of possible Mordheim planning led me to build another youngblood for my Reikland mercenary warband. Mordheim has a long history of hand puppets, and when I saw a model with a puppet that someone built recently, I was inspired to put a hand puppet on my latest miniature. This is another extensive kitbash: the body is from the Warlord Games Pike & Shotte Landsknects, both arms (including the puppet) are from the Frostgrave Wizards II sprue, the head is from the Stargrave Troopers box, and the mace is from the Stargrave Mercenaries II sprue. (As an aside, good maces, clubs, and hammers are hard to come by.)

This is a great figure that should really stand out on the table—visually, not in terms of her abilities. Youngbloods are hero characters in Mordheim, but they start off very weak, with skills below even those of basic henchmen.

To stay on theme for the end of the year, Poppet can also be used as a superperson. She has a mask, see? Since this is also the color theme for the Retinue, I think Poppet might find a place there as a jester NPC as well.

Comments