Leland's Fusiliers: Hunchback, Cyclops

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again."

Here we have a 50 ton Hunchback and a 90 ton customized Cyclops.

The Hunchback has always been one of my favorite mechs. The whole thing is designed around carrying an autocannon/20, the most powerful standard weapon available in 3025. It will pair well with the long-range Trebuchet mech. Enemies will want to get close to the Trebuchet, but they'll want to stay away from the Hunchback.

The Cyclops, the stock CP-10-Z model, is underwhelming, to say the least. At 90 tons, it's only 10 tons below the maximum, but the CP-10-Z only has ten tons of armor, the same amount as the 40-ton lighter Hunchback. Its weapons are also mediocre. As I really like this physical miniature, I've decided to make it the personal mech of Commander Carson Leland, leader of Leland's Fusiliers. As such, I've made a custom variant, the CP-10-LFX, as his ride. I have the details below the jump break (so you'll have to load the full post to see it).

  • Hunchback (50 tons, BV 1041)
  • Cyclops (90 tons, CP-10-LFX*, BV 1691)

Total mechs: 8
Total tons: 490
Total battle value: 9,932


Name/Model:         Cyclops CP-10-LFX
Technology:         Inner Sphere
Tonnage:            90
Total Cost:         7,750,860 C-Bills
Battle Value:       1,691

Power Plant:        GM 270 (3/5 movement)
Walking Speed:      32.4 kph
Maximum Speed:      54 kph
Armor:              16.50 tons
Heat Sinks:         22 Single

Armament:
    1x Zeus-36 Mark III Autocannon/20 (Right Torso)
    2x Diverse Optics Type 30 Large Lasers (Right Arm, Left Arm)
    1x Coventry-6 SRM 6 (Left Torso)
    1x Diverse Optics Type 20 Medium Laser (Head)

So, basically, I dropped the engine down one category, going from 4/6 speed to 3/5 speed. This frees up 18.5 tons of space. I also dropped the LRM-10 and SRM-4 from the stock model for even more weight.

For weapons, I kept the AC/20, because I love AC/20s. I installed an SRM-6 where the LRM-10 used to be (because that was the easiest way to modify the miniature, see the picture). I then upgraded the two lasers on the arms from medium to large to give the mech some longer-range hitting power. Finally, I added a new medium laser on the head, beside the cockpit, because there was an aperture there that I thought could look like a laser; it's like a laser eye beam! I then added a whole heap of heat sinks to manage the new heat load.

Overall, this variant changes the Cyclops into a relatively standard assault mech. Its armor can take a real beating, and it has weapons to deal with almost anything (within 9 hexes). It pairs well with the Longbow (from the previous post), with the same push and pull as the Hunchback/Trebuchet pairing.

Comments