Dungeons and Dark Souls 5: The Red Dragon, Odds, and Ends

My literally largest miniature is this red dragon. It's another Reaper Miniature from the Bones 4 Kickstarter, called Gauth the Dragon. Most versions I've seen of this model have the wings vertical, but mine seems to have sagged heavily during some stage of transit. The head also drooped, only sitting at a reasonable height after I pinned and glued the tail to balance him. Not my favorite model, but it's impressive on the table.

This was originally going to be the second boss for Dungeons and Dark Souls (after the Colossal Skeleton), and I did the Dragonmen earlier this year to be his elite minions. He did not, however, see the table, as the lead up to the big skelly filled the time and space really well.

I also painted this mimic (from Reaper Miniatures) who served as the miniboss of a mini-sidequest. The pictures don't really do justice for some nice blending on the model. It's name on Reaper is the Mockingbeast.

I also painted up all of the treasure chests from the Bloodborne board game to serve as... treasure chests. 

Finally, because this was Dark Souls-based, I painted up an Invader; in Dark Souls, other players can show up in your world for PvP, appearing as red-shaded, semi-ghostly figures. So, I painted this figure up to mirror the effect, but it was not needed. This figure's name on Reaper is Taroya, Female Warrior.

That concludes the majority of what I did for Dungeons and Dark Souls. It was a huge project, but it was very fulfilling and a lot of fun at the table.

Comments