Dungeons and Dark Souls 4: Colossal Skeleton

Here is the massive skeleton who served as the final boss for Dungeons and Dark Souls. The model is a Colossal Skeleton from Reaper Miniatures. Because it didn't show the scale well by itself, I added a few more Wargames Atlantic skeletons to the base (including one crushed by the tombstone hammer). I based the whole thing on a 4" square piece of craft wood, then textured it up, painted it, and added the wasteland tufts to finish it off.

I love everything about this figure. It has great detail across the entire model. I love the tombstone turned into a hammer, I love the menacing pose, I love the little details like the normal-sized sword sticking out of his ribs--I could go on. With the little skeletons at his feet, this is almost a diorama. This big fella is definitely in the running for my Miniature of the Year.

While a phenomenal figure for D&D, I can also see this guy being the backbone for a skeleton army, as its "big monster" in whatever system (e.g., SAGA: Age of Magic, Dragon Rampant). 

Comments