Mordheim: Mercenary Halberd Champion and Marksmen

Mordheim. Now there's a blog label I didn't expect to use again. There's been interest in starting up some Mordheim games, so here we are, over a decade since I last played.

With my Noble Retinue, I already have a number of options to start a warband, but I need a few more stout fellows to fill things out. So, here we are.

First, the halberdier is a good choice for a champion. This guy looks like he's going "Oy, you!" He's got a big plume on his helmet and a bottle of rotgut on his belt. I like this guy. He's a mix of:

  • Pike & Shotte Landsknect Zweihander plastic body and right arm, and metal halberd arm
  • Perry Light Cavalry (1450-1500) plastic head
  • Anvil Industry resin pointing hand
  • Frostgrave Wizards II plastic bottle

The other three lads are marksmen built entirely from the Perry Agincourt (English and French Infantry) boxes. I've had them built for a while (to supplement the Retinue), but now they're painted up and looking good.

Several faces and hands to paint on these lads. The champion has actual pupils, but the marksmen just have the blank white eyes. They've seen some things. (Edit: The marksmen later got pupils because they were too creepy.)

Comments