The Embers of Alexandria: Part Four

The Embers are once again burning brighter, as thirteen new recruits join their ranks.

Six of these were originally meant for a Frostgrave warband, painted up in purple. I never finished painting them, which is just as well, since now they're in the red and grey livery of the Embers. There are five in this batch that could be used in Frostgrave (the ones with archaic weapons), but I did add a shotgun to the hand-axe wielder, so he'll probably have to stay in modern times.

Four more were newly built and painted alongside the six. I put together two more light machine-gunners to provide heavy fire, since I feel like they would be the most common support weapon. There's one more pistoleer, because I wanted to see if a shaved-down SMG would look like a pistol. Finally, there's another Ash with an assault rifle, so that I can do three squads of three; each squad could also include an LMG Coal and a shotgun Ash. Nice little evil fireteams.

And then I built three more, because I was kind of on a roll. Another Ash with an assault rifle, another Coal with an RPG, and another Coal with a sniper rifle. The sniper got the "hero face" treatment. I haven't done an actual miniature face since February; everything's been robots, masks, skeletons, or aliens. So, since I liked the pose and wanted to do a nice face, I gave him good eyes, good skin blend, some redness on the nose, and the overall glow up treatment.

With these thirteen added, here's where the Embers of Alexandria stand in total:

  • Ashes x25 (Assault Rifle x10, Pistol x7, Shotgun/Axe x4, Sword x2, Crossbow x2)
  • Coals x11 (LMG x3, RPG x2, Sniper Rifle x2, Flamethrower, Hacker, Stalker, Executioner)
  • Sparks x2
  • Summoner x1
  • Aliens x2 (Hybrid, Maw-nstrosity)

Total: 41

That's an insane number of cultists. The Embers' primary opponent, the 6Gun mercenaries, only have fifteen (human) soldiers; maybe it's time to start thinking about reinforcements. You know, to keep the cultist threat in check.



Comments