Hivewarden

This miniature is a "Hivewarden" from Reaper Miniatures. It came with the Bones 4 Kickstarter. I'm not sure if it's based on any particular monster from anything, but I thought it looked neat, so I painted it up. It's mounted on a 50mm (2x2) base, so it's a large monster, but it's really quite big, so I might use it as a huge creature (3x3). The mercenary hivewarden wranger is provided for scale.

I painted the brain to look... like a brain. The top of the monster is brighter colors, while the tentacles coming out the bottom are darker, cool colors. I can imagine that when this thing floats toward you in a dark cave, all you can see is a glowing eye and brain in the darkness. Then the tentacles reach out.

While this thing strikes me as an alien or abomination, in a pinch I think it could pass for a Beholder. It has the big central eye and various powers could come out of the tentacles (instead of additional eye-stalks). Reaper has more little brain-based-beasties available; This guy really screams "boss monster" and could probably do with a few brain minions.

Comments