Red Alien Mercenary

Here's a new member of the 6Gun mercenary company. He's a red alien with a power axe. As previously mentioned, I like kitbashing miniatures that let me use other minis in different settings. In this case, this alien is a bridge miniature to bring my modern mercenaries into the realms of scifi. Specifically, I was thinking about the upcoming Stargrave, but someday I swear I will run a scifi RPG campaign and will not be found unprepared.

The majority of the figure is, as with all of the mercenaries, Anvil Industries resin. They make these heads, probably as proxies for Warhammer 40k Genestealer Hybrids, but they work for generic aliens as well. The right arm with the power axe is plastic from the Frostgrave soldiers box. With the pauldron and thick glove, it looks like he has some protection or insulation against the power axe.

He's in the normal 6Gun color scheme. His skin is a base of Vallejo "Game Extra Opaque Heavy Red," which is a good single-coat paint. It's blended with some Vallejo "Orange Fire" for the central, um, ridge? Cleft? The middle bits of the forehead. I then put some different color splotches and washes over the head to give it some splotchy texture. The axe is dark blue blended up through sky blue to white. It's okay, but not great.

So, I realized I didn't have a picture of the current 6Gun roster, even before this gentleman was hired, so I took the below picture. They're so cool. While not my largest army (that would be the brown/maroon medieval team), they are the most detailed and the group I've spent the most time on. Sixteen members!


Comments