The Skeleton Horde 6: The Corpse Cart

This bone wagon is a bit out of left field, but I think it's pretty cool. I saw that Vampire Counts armies in Warhammer: The Old World can field a unit called a Corpse Cart. What an inspiration! While my version looks nothing like the official model, it's a fun kitbash.

The parts for this little chariot come from all over. The cart itself is a Reaper Miniatures Pig and Cart. I've previously posted the pig. The cart came filled with molded-in vegetables like pumpkins and such. I put a bunch of bone bits over them from the Wargames Atlantic Skeleton Infantry sprue and the Citadel Skulls box. The wizard himself is largely Wargames Atlantic, but the hat and hourglass are from the Frostgrave Wizard II sprue. The left arm is from the Frostgrave Cultist sprue. The wizard is rising from the pile of bones like he's a part of it, perhaps suggesting a regenerative ability. The skeletal horse is from the brand new Wargames Atlantic Skeleton Cavalry box. Finally, I printed the base on my 3D printer. It's 50 mm by 100 mm to match the size of the Corpse Cart in Warhammer. That's a hefty kitbash!

The Skeleton Horde is now 54 models.

Comments