Medieval Soldiers (1 of 5) - Red/Yellow Team

There are few sets of plastic miniatures that I love more than the Agincourt plastic boxes produced by the Perry Brothers. On their own, these boxes create beautifully-detailed troops that are perfect for any vaguely late-medieval skirmish games or any roleplaying game. As a source for parts to kitbash, the jam-packed sprues (the frames that the parts come on) offer a ton of bits and bobs for pretty much anything you may need in that era or beyond.

As such, many of my early miniatures painted when I got back into painting after the Warhammer era (some ten years earlier) come from theses boxes.

I made four general "teams" in keeping with a game I was developing at the time called "Shieldball" (or something similar). These teams were Red/Yellow, Blue/Grey, Green/Gold, and Maroon/Brown. Each was comprised of, at its core, a "Heavy" with two-hander and armor, two Archers, two Arbalists, two "Skirmishers" with one-handed weapon and buckler (so possibly not really skirmishers at all), and three Spearmen.

I honestly don't recall which team I painted first, so I'm just going to display them in the order presented above. Here you can see team Red/Yellow.


Again, these are early paint jobs, so you'll see some of the traditional "smudge of color" faces that I've tried to avoid since then. Overall, I like the colors. Yellow is annoying to paint, but I think it looks OK on these.

Next time, Team Blue/Grey!

Comments