Rock Worms

Here are the two Rock Worms from the Core Space First Born Kickstarter. I didn't like the default color scheme (white armor with bright pink fleshy bits), so I opted for a yellowed brown for the armored carapace and green for the fleshy bits. These are pretty dynamic models and will be great for bursting up through the ground into any science fiction or fantasy campaign.

I'm not sure if I'd use these figures as "Large" or "Huge" sized figures for gaming. They're on 32mm bases, but they're significantly taller than most "large" figures, and there's implied to be more of each worm still underground.

The bounty hunter's sizable rocket launcher seems woefully insufficient for the task at hand. The bounty hunter regrets being chosen to show the scale of the rock worms.

There are a lot more miniatures from the Core Space First Born box that I've yet to paint--the only other one I have painted is the droid I called SAT-R9. I will probably do some more from the box soon. The plastic quality is mediocre, but the sculpts themselves are pretty nice.

Comments