Space Landsknecht Ogre and Trooper

I love these Wargames Atlantic Landsknecht Ogres. Having already painted up one fantasy version, I opted to make a scifi version. And, of course, since every big guy needs a little buddy, I cobbled together a normal Human coworker for him. The Ogre is entirely made up of parts from the Landsknecht Ogre box. The trooper is a Warlord Games Landsknecht body with a Stargrave head and arms and a Napoleonic British backpack. The pieces didn't work together perfectly (mostly due to Stargrave being 10% or so bigger than the Warlord body), but she turned out pretty well with a little bit of putty for the gaps.

I went with basically the same color scheme as the Leland's Fusiliers battlemechs. The Vallejo paints used are Heavy Blue (72.143), Heavy Bluegrey (72.144), Gunmetal Grey (70.863), and a little Bronze (70.998) and Bonewhite (72.034). The orange is Craftsmart Orange Spice. The wash is Citadel Nuln Oil (old formula). The skin is Craftsmart Brown, Brown mixed with Craftsmart Golden Brown, then topped off with just Golden Brown. There are a few more little incidental colors, but that mostly covers it.

I'll probably end up doing more of these guys so that I have another cool little scifi mercenary group. This is a much more involved color scheme than the simple corporate security scheme I've done, but these Ogres are just so rewarding.


Comments