Shuttle Alpha Exterior

Over two years ago, I put together this beautiful 28mm spaceship designed by 2nd Dynasty. Now the exterior is painted! There's a lot of information about the model in the previous post, so I won't repeat it here.

I started with a few coats of cheap Craftsmart "Dark Blue," but it wasn't giving the paint the sheen that it needed. I then applied a coat of Vallejo Model Color "Blue" (70.925) and that made it pop. As a secondary color, I used Vallejo Model Color "German Camouflage Extra Dark Green" (70.896). The metallic bits are a layer of Gunmetal Grey (70.863) with a drybrush of Oily Steel (70.865). I then applied some light sponging of random browns, greys, and metallics to weather the ship. There were some washes with Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade as well.

Maybe in two more years I'll have the interior painted...

Comments